Good day, neighbors! Jeri Karges here with today’s Roseville Daily.
First, today’s weather:
Some sunshine. High: 77 Low: 50.
Here are the top stories in Roseville today:
- Roseville residents were told to shelter in place due to suspicious package investigation on Thursday afternoon. The investigation closed down South Cirby Way, the Roseville Police Department said. No one was evacuated and the two schools in the area were not impacted, authorities said. (KCRA3)
- A Roseville nurse practitioner was arrested on April 30 on suspicion of of a patient, according to the Roseville Police Department. The alleged incident happened on April 25 during an exam. Roseville Police Department spokesperson Shauna Brewer confirmed that this victim was an adult female, and that the victim is the one who reported this to the department. ABC10 learned DeSouza was working for in Roseville, which opened Aug. 2020 as an opioid use disorder treatment facility. Police say if you know anything about any similar incidents or if you were a victim, they would like to hear from you. You can call 916-774-5070 to reach an investigator. (ABC10)
- Have you felt the sting of the mortgage market, yet? For first-time home buyers, the costs of buying the same home in Roseville this year compared to one year ago have increased by 40 percent due to higher home prices and higher mortgage rates, says Lawrence Yun, chief economist of the . At the same time, despite upticks in employment, there are some headwinds in the housing market, including higher inflation and higher interest rates, possibly signaling a slowdown. (Roseville Today)
- Got one pusher and four pumpers? Then you’ve got a team ready to take on the Folsom Handcar Derby! Folsom has the longest track for this kind of race on the West Coast. I bet you’ve seen them out there at this annual event in front of Broadstone Marketplace, pumping away on their handcars. This year the derby takes place on May 14th and 15th. The event is free for spectators, who can watch up on the hill near Broadstone or close by the tracks where a set of bleachers will be assembled. Come on out and give them a hand (car)! (Folsom Telegraph)
- STUNT is an emerging sport that is governed by USA Cheer. It consists of four quarters where the two teams compete in pre-choreographed head-to-head routines. Entering Saturday’s National Championship game, William Jessup University had never beaten top-ranked Vanguard University, but they pulled off a stunning upset victory, winning the top spot in the competition. It was the program’s first national championship. (Lincoln News Messenger)
From our sponsor:
Today’s newsletter is brought to you in part by Ring, a Patch Brand Partner. Whether you’re working from home or streaming your favorite movies, the new Ring Alarm Pro gives you an internet connection you can count on – while simultaneously keeping your home safe and secure.
To learn more about the innovative security system, or to build your own custom system, you can visit Ring here.
- Hey! Did you know that Rocklin consists of an estimated 22,862 households, with an average of 2.76 persons per household, and a homeownership rate of 67.2%? As of June 2016, the median value of owner-occupied housing units is $ 415,400 (Zillow) and on the rise. And, the median age in Rocklin is 36.3 years. Ready to challenge your friends to a game of Rocklin Trivia? Learn all of the demographics of your fair city at this link!
- The Town of Loomis General Plan Update is underway. Since the Mission Statement, adopted on November 12, 1991, establishes the Town’s core beliefs, they want your feedback on that statement. Take the survey here.
- The Roseville Area Chamber and Ignite Young Professionals presents The Bash 2022! The all-inclusive night will be filled with appetizers, games, music, dancing, and raffle prizes! Must be 21 or older. The Bash will take place on Thursday May 12 on The Downtown Roseville Pedestrian Bridge between Royer Park and Vernon St.
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- California Honey Festival Woodland, CA (May 7)
- Crafts at The Brewery (May 7)
- Hire A Pro To Tackle Mom’s To-Do List (May 8)
- Soon The Rains Will Come (May 14)
- The People’s Trial of Golden Alouicious Locks (May 15)
- Add your event
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Friday. See you all tomorrow morning for another update!
– Jeri Karges
About me: Jeri Karges has been living in and loving the Sacramento region for over 30 years. Her passion is finding new and unique ways to enjoy the city and surrounding areas. On weekends, you can find her pestering her friends to sample the restaurant that doesn’t have silverware, or try their hand at throwing an ax. Jeri also enjoys writing about retirement planning at https: //rockinretirement.subst …