Local libraries are offering events and programs for all ages. Here’s a look at what’s planned at libraries in the Anchor Bay area.
Chesterfield Township Library
The following free programs are scheduled:
• Adult Craft Night will be held on May 5 from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm Join us for a night of crafts and creativity. Make a masterpiece to take home. All materials will be provided by the library but feel free to bring some from home. This month’s craft is magnets.
• May 7 is Free Comic Book Day. Celebrate Free Comic Book Day with the Chesterfield Township Library. Drop by the library to pick up a free comic book while supplies last.
• A Superhero Party will be held May 7 from 10:30 am to 11:30 am Join in to celebrate Free Comic Book Day! Wear a superhero costume, play games, make crafts and take home a free comic book.
• Tech Help will be available May 11 from 3 pm to 4:30 pm Drop in with a device and get help.
• Family Storytime will be held May 11 from 6:30 pm to 7:15 pm Family Storytime is a quiet 30-minute storytime where children can unwind with books, rhymes, songs and crafts. Listen to bedtime stories, relax to soothing songs and calming rhymes. Children are encouraged to wear pajamas. Recommended for kids 5 years old and younger but families are welcome.
• Preschool and Kindergarten Drawing Class will be held May 14 from 10:15 am to 11 am Children who have coloring experience are invited to have fun learning how to draw.
• Elementary Drawing Class will be held May 14 from 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
• Teen Art Club will meet May 14 from 1 pm to 3 pm Teens who have learned the basics can sharpen their drawing skills. Hang out with fellow artists to share ideas while practicing figure drawing, storytelling and advanced techniques.
Download or stream free emagazines, ebooks, eaudiobooks, TV shows, movies, music, comics and more at chelibrary.org.
Library hours are 10 am-8 pm Monday to Thursday, 10 am-5 pm Friday and 10 am-4 pm Saturday. The Chesterfield Township Library is located at 50560 Patricia Ave. For more information, call 586-598-4900 or go to chelibrary.org.
MacDonald Public Library
The following programs are scheduled:
• Make It Mondays meets 10 am to 5:30 pm on Mondays at the library. Come craft on Mondays for tips and tricks on DIY projects and creative hobbies.
• Sit & Knit meets from 10 am to noon on Mondays at the library.
• Science Showcase with Miss Gigi is set for May 3 from 5 pm to 6 pm Join our Youth and Teen Library Assistant Miss Gigi for an exciting science activity based around a monthly theme.
• Toddler and Preschool Storytime takes place May 5 and 12 from 10 am to 10:30 am Join Ms. Kelly at the library for stories, songs and fun. Registration is requested. Walk-ins will be accommodated as space allows.
• Baby and Me Storytime will be held May 6 and 13 from 10 am to 11 am Join us at the library for a book, songs and fun. Registration is required but walk-ins will be accommodated where space allows.
• Friends of the MacDonald Public Library book sale will take place May 6 from 11:30 am-5 pm There’s something for everyone at the book sale.
• Dungeons and Dragons Club meets May 6 from 3 pm to 4:30 pm Welcome adventurers. This meeting will go over expectations and logistics, and hopefully participants will get to play a mini one-shot session of Dungeons and Dragons. The club is open to both teens and adults.
• Fiction Book Club meeting is set for May 10 from 6: 30-7: 30 pm Join the Fiction Book Club to gather with patrons and discuss the reads for the month.
• Life Size Chutes and Ladders will be held May 11 from 5-6 pm Kids can have fun at the library with Ms. Kelly.
• Concert with the Sheila Landis Trio takes place May 12 from 6: 30-8 pm
• Friday the 13th Bad Luck Bash happens May 13 from 3: 30-4: 30 pm Join Gigi at the library this Friday the 13th to learn about all sorts of superstitions supposed to cause bad luck. For those feeling extra brave there will be some stations set up to try out the superstitions.
• Anchor Bay Quilters Guild meets May 16 from 6-8 pm Join a group of friendly quilters who craft, learn and create. Quilts made often go to benefit charities.
• A Teen Advisory Council meeting will be held May 17 from 4: 30-5: 30 pm Help with creating library programs, assist in preparing for programs and make new friends. Free pizza is provided.
The Friends of MacDonald Public Library will meet May 17 from 10:15 am to noon.
Library hours are 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday and 11 am-6 pm Friday and Saturday. The library is closed on Sundays. MacDonald Public Library is located at 36480 Main St. in New Baltimore. For more information call 586-725-0273, or visit macdonaldlibrary.org or facebook.com/mplnewbaltimore.
Lenox Township Library
• Toddler Play Time takes place May 4 and 11 from 10: 30-11 am
A library board meeting takes place May 20 from 6-7: 30 pm
The library has mobile hotspots available for checkout.
Library hours are 10 am to 8 pm Monday to Thursday, 10 am-5 pm Friday and 10 am-4 pm Saturday. The Lenox Township Library is located at 58976 Main St. in New Haven. For more information, call the library at 586-749-3430, or go to lenoxlibrary.org or facebook.com/lenoxtwplibrary.